Perfected through decades of R&D and refinement of proprietary manufacturing techniques, long-life Tadiran lithium thionyl chloride batteries can deliver an annual self-discharge of just 0.7% per year, while competing batteries have a self-discharge rate of up to 3%. As a result, Tadiran batteries can operate up to 4x longer.
The battery technology pioneered by Tadiran is unique, enabling design engineers to pack more power into less space… combining unparalleled reliability, long operating life, and powerful performance.
From research and design, to world class ISO 9001:2000 certified manufacturing and quality assurance, to a global sales and distribution network, Tadiran is ready to serve your needs with standard cells or custom battery packs.
• Longer life...Tadiran batteries feature an outstanding shelf life and long-term reliability. Over a ten-year period, Li/SOCl2 batteries stored at room temperature lose just 7% of their total capacity while competing batteries can lose up to 30% of their total capacity.
• Greater energy density...Tadiran lithium thionyl chloride batteries offer the highest energy density of any primary cell: up to 710 Wh/Kg and 1420 Wh/I.
• Higher capacity... Tadiran cells feature the highest capacity by weight and volume compared to any known battery technology.
• Extended temperature range... Tadiran batteries can operate in temperatures ranging from -55°C to +125°C. However, to maximize the capacity, standard cylindrical wafer type cells are rated to a maximum temperature of +85°C. Specially modified high and low temperature cells are also available.
• Higher operating voltage...Tadiran lithium thionyl chloride cells have an open circuit voltage of 3.67V and an operating voltage of up to 3.6V, a considerably higher voltage than almost any other primary cell.
• Patented safety features...Tadiran lithium thionyl chloride cells offer unmatched safety due to their unique “failsafe” construction.
• Environmentally friendly...Our batteries are free of heavy metals, making them among the most environmentally friendly of all batteries.